Byers Peak

Friday, January 28, 2011

Prayer Request

Our Landlord called last night to say that the closing date on the house has been set for March 31st which means we have just over 2 months to find a new home, pack up our stuff and move etc...I am a little too tired to even think about what all that means. The past month here has been a huge blessing and I knew I would be disappointed when the time came to move.

On another note - apart from a cold that seems to want to work it's way through our family (first Jenna, now me), we are doing well. We had a great staff meeting last night and the students helped take care of the kids. Hopefully we can continue to meet like this once a month. We really are privileged to work with a group of amazing people and I've so enjoyed getting to know especially the staff wives and all the ladies there. You can "meet" them at www.timberlinelodge.org. We are also excited about the possibility of a friend of ours from our church in NC maybe joining the summer staff. Waiting to see what God has planned in this young man's life. Depending on what is going on with our housing situation, we are also hoping my parents will be able to visit for a few days in March.

Reid is inviting the students over for a movie night this evening (Bella) and other than that we have Latin, Piano and Skiing lessons planned for today. It's a balmy 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside and a bright sunny day here today. We were able to finally get to the library this past Monday so our library basket is once again loaded with books (which reminds me, I think I have a fine I still owe in Richland Co that I need to send in). I tend to read several books at the same time, and currently have The Heavenly Man, a biography on Emily Dickinson and another on JRR Tolkien sitting on my nightstand along with two cookbooks (one a Christmas gift from Nannie) written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife...she advocates making large amounts of vegetable purees and secretly inserting them in everything from ice-cream and chocolate cake to spaghetti sauce as a way to give kids their daily dose of veggies....I'm still thinking about what I think about that! I would like to get a hold of a book on the Daniel Diet just to read/learn a little about it.

I think we have a trip to Denver coming up as we are in need of a Coffee Maker and a mixer as well as a few other items. If we're going to be having students in our home we're going to need a good Coffee Maker. And I think my Dad will be hoping we have one here when he gets here as well! :)

I have a newsletter written but Reid hasn't had a minute to breathe so we'll get it out as soon as he can add his parts and edit my grammar! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment