Byers Peak

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thankfulness

Jen: I am so thankful for:
1. My husband who remains my valentine now that we've celebrated 13 Valentine's Days together
2. The kids who make me smile regularly - I love their take on life, their comments, their thoughts and I'm thankful for how God is growing me up as I get to be their mother.
3. Family and friends and memories that warm my heart on cold winter days
3a. :) Letters and phone calls from the above that remind me of deep roots in this season of new beginnings
4. A wonderful ministry to be a part of, new friends that show me God's grace and His power.
5. For this season in life - to live so close to where we also serve in ministry.
6. Snow and mountains and all the new things we are learning as a family
7. A job that I can do from the warmth of my own home and for a very gracious, kind, patient and encouraging boss and friend
8. The internet that lets me stay in contact with loved ones and even talk with them "face-to-face" - remembering my parents who would get to speak with their family members every few months via the telephone - if they could get through from Germany
9. The truth of God's Word that cuts through bone and marrow and divides soul and spirit - that both confronts and comforts and did both again today afresh.
10. Music that reminds me of the above.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful list, Jennifer. Counting has really helped me see ALL the gifts around me. You are a very blessed woman.

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melanie - I just happened to be thinking of things I was thankful for and decided to make a list - then remembered that you are keeping count - I may just continue!!! :)O

    ReplyDelete