Byers Peak

Monday, April 11, 2011

Honorable Mentions, Tank Insanity and Beatrix Potter

DRUMROLL PLEASE.....my father-in-law - Rufus, and my brother-in-law - Sharkey, guessed correctly! :) A Sopwith Camel is an airplane - more precisely a WWI fighter plane....Ian read a fictional book about a boy who used his father's Sopwith Camel to attack the Nazi's during WWII on Guernsey....and he and Reid were busy this weekend making a book float for his school library. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product but will try to do when he brings it home - if it comes back in one piece! :) I didn't end up taking any pictures of our outing as we went to the Granby library instead of exploring around Byer's Peak. Got some good books. However, we did learn an interesting story that happened to the Granby library (video footage) - when a guy built a tank and destroyed the library and city hall and a bunch of other buildings several years ago...insanity.... One more thing - I picked up two books by Susan Wittig Albert that my mother-in-law recommended. One called The Tale of Holly How and one called The Tale of Applebeck Orchard. I started the first one last night - it's a delightful fictional series on the life of Beatrix Potter and (including conversations of her favorite little animals). I don't often read fiction any more - but these are perfect with a cup of tea and remind me a little of the Midford series for some reason. Well, I have a little girl looking over my shoulder who can hardly wait to get to work on her spelling lists (and if you're homeschooling and haven't heard of spellingcity.com - you need to check it out!! :) AWESOME free tool for practicing spelling lists!!). Later Taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment