Byers Peak

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This week in Fraser! :)

So, Blogger wouldn't let me post the newsletter with the pictures via copy/paste and rather than type it up - I posted it on Facebook and if you want to read it with pictures, send me your email address and I'll email it to you.

In the mean time all is well. The girls have joined a gymnastics class and are having fun with that. Ian is in the midst of CSAP testing and we're in the middle of trying to decide what next year needs to look like for him - if we pull him back home or enroll him at Winter Park Christian School...he would prefer the latter and in some ways that would be the route to go, but God would have to provide for that.

I had a meeting with several other homeschool Mom's to discuss Classical Conversations and we're looking forward to getting together in a couple of weeks for another meeting to talk about what that can look like in our community.

The 2nd group of students has returned from their missions trip to Mexico, so that means next week we jump back, full swing, into classes, family breakfasts, covenant groups, and all community worship. Reid and Dan drove down to Denver to pick them up from the airport and the reunion with the other half of the students at supper time last night was fun to watch. The kids have really enjoyed getting to know the students these past couple of months and have enjoyed the couple of times several of them have come over to babysit - Scootch and Jessica and Megan and Lauren - and many others, are names I hear regularly spoken of around the house! :) The staff too are quickly endearing themselves to the hearts of our kids and we're so thankful for this.

Mudseason is fast approaching and our drive way and the road leading up to the lodge turns into soup every afternoon. Our galoshes will come in very handy over the next few months. We've starting to reach temperatures in the 50's on sunny afternoons, though nighttimes still dip below freezing (the AVERAGE temperature in Fraser is afterall 32 degrees - I get the feeling that means that summer nights can get a little chilly). We've had so much snow this year that the resorts have extended ski season for an extra week. There are still several feet of snow all around the house - plenty of snow for Mom and Dad to get a feel for winter when they arrive next week! :)


So that's the latest from Fraser. Let us hear from you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Reid and Jen,
    Jen, I tried to respond to you on FB but seems like you have logged off for a bit. My apologies for not getting in touch with you guys about coming this week. I have been very sick with some kind of flu like symptoms and got pretty behind with my studies so am having to play catch up. I have also been and continue to check flights and they are rather pricey right now, I think being spring break and all. Anyway, I am still really want to come see you guys when I can get a decent flight.

    Would there be anytime in April or May that would work for ya'll? I know you said May was mud season but would still be good to see all of you.

    Blessings,
    Brett

    ReplyDelete