Byers Peak

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Pictures for Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles! :)
















































































































































I'm not sure why it's doing this, but each time I post a picture it adds more space between them and I can't seem to get it fixed....oh well! :) Most of these won't interest most of ya'll (see, I haven't lost it yet! :) but here are some Easter pictures for grandparents. I'm not the best photographer and am well aware of that with all my photographer friends around! :) OF COURSE I forgot to take a picture of all our dinner guests - what a bummer!! We so enjoyed having the Hammond Family here with us as well as 5 students. i think that brought our total number up to 16 people! Between Beth and I, we managed to put on quite the Easter Dinner spread and that was a lot of fun! We're so thankful for our new friends here! The service at Winter Park Christian was wonderful and we so enjoyed hearing Pastor's Doug's message once again and worshipping there. We hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Resurrection Sunday Celebration as well!! Pastor Doug reminded us again that Christianity is the only 'religion' that isn't a religion because it's not about do's and don'ts and it's not something you can "join." You can become a Buddhist or Hindu by doing what they do and going to their temples. But you don't become a Christian by joining a church any more than you can become a car by living in a garage. The Holy Spirit makes you a Christian by changing your heart, giving you new life ("you must be born again" Jesus said!) and changing us from the inside out. I'm so thankful - because I get it wrong so many times! But it's not about me! It's about God, the Risen Savior that we serve and the transforming power of the indwelling Holy Spirit! That is good news to me! :)


Oh, and yes, it did snow yesterday! :) And it's snowing again today. The only difference between now and January is that the snow melts as faster than it falls - so we ARE beginning to see signs of spring - and I DID see some buds on some bushes on the way home from church yesterday! :) We're looking forward to our first EVER camping trip with the Timberline students and staff next week - heading for the sand dunes! :) Looking forward to change of scenery! :)
















































1 comment:

  1. Jen,

    I love the pictures! Oh, I want to come and visit:) Your home looks so inviting.

    Love you guys!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete